Sunday 20 March 2011

Illustration Friday - cultivate


This seems a very fitting topic for this week, as yesterday, our neighbours mentioned that our chickens had been digging up the strawberry plants they are trying to grow. Oops! Now a chicken coop move later and a new fence, we hope we've fixed things.

And the most thrilling news of all, in the big coop move yesterday, I lifted a slab on the garden floor to move it... only to find a family of harvest mice living under there! Complete with lots of tunnels and burrows, a moss nest and 3 little tiny red baby mice. Sweet!

3 comments:

  1. Great illustration! I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby mice are so cute. I know lots of people freak if they see them, but when I was a little girl I had some tiny pink baby dolls my grandmother had given me. I thought baby mice were those living dolls without their diapers. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is charming! I love its simplicity.

    ReplyDelete